Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A More Humane Mikado...

Sadly I forgot my camera today, so I have no photos of our Mikado, the indelible LeRoy Lehr. Instead I offer his costume sketch to the left.

It was a VERY long day today, but worthwhile. We worked out the entrance of the Mikado, the Mikado's song, and "The Criminal Cried" in the afternoon, and spent the evening working on the Act 2 Finale. 3 hours of rehearsal for a 2 minute piece, but talk about dense! It needs to top off the whole show, which is a real task, especially with the work the cast has been doing the past week. It was a long process, but the final product was really satisfying. Satisfaction--a very underrated end goal for a finale, but one I am very keen on.

We spent the morning working on the overture and a few random bits of dance. 12 hours of rehearsal, and at the end I could have put in another 3. That's G&S for you. Of course the 7 shots of espresso probably helped my energy level, but I'm attributing most of it to G&S.

Tomorrow we double back and finish the bits of Act 2 we haven't addressed. By the end of the day in theory we should have staged the whole show. ALWAYS my favorite day. I always sleep better once the show is staged. Though I've been sleeping pretty well with this one in general. Nice to wake up at 3 AM thinking of a bit of business for Ko-Ko rather than ways to dig one's self out of a hole.

Good Night, and Good Luck.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Incredible that I cannot see "the Indelible"... do please post a photo of this fellow-ble.