Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Yesterday's News

Today was a day off, so I knocked around St. Louis on a series of errands. First a new tuxedo for opening night. My faithful old double breasted Burberry is being retired. It has seen opening nights from Boston to Miami and New York to Orange County, so it has had a good life. This is a good show to inaugurate a new one.

After that a bit of opening night shopping. So in lieu of new pictures, I am posting a few from yesterday. The top one is Ko-Ko attempting to soothe Pooh-Bah before "So Please You Sir, We Much Regret".

Here are Pooh-Bah, Ko-Ko and Pish-Tush at the end of their Big Black Block trio.
And finally Yum-Yum, just before the shojis open for "The Sun Whose Rays Are All Ablaze". I love that wedding dress. Linda Cho found the perfect balance of modern and classic Japanes fashion for this one.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My daughter and I saw Mikado at the New York City Opera a few years ago when she was working there in promotions there and it was similarly 'updated'. It was quite excellent and I can't wait to see it again - your blog and pictures have so whetted my appetite - see you Sunday 6.10. I'm certain you guys will do just as well...

Terry

Maureen said...

The photos you've been posting have been beautiful. Pooh-Bah looks thoroughly striking, between his dramatic height (at least compared to Ko-Ko and Pish-Tush) and all that white.

Have an absolutely glorious run!